RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Convection coeff

You can report out the interior convection coefficients for a surface using the report variable called "Surface Int Convection Coeff".  I would first try reporting out the coefficients using the "Detailed" algorithm which is an option under the INSIDE CONVECTION ALGORITHM object.  The "Detailed" algorithm sets the coefficients based only on natural convection.  Next, you can try the "CeilingDiffuser" algorithm which adjusts the convection coefficients based on the ACH of air flow through the zone node.  You will need to set up an air loop to provide 10 ACH.  You should be able to take one of the example files and modify it for your needs.  The one called FurnaceWithDXSystem.idf might be a good place to start.  With the "CeilingDiffuser" algorithm, keep in mind that for ACH < 3.0, the correlation is not valid and the algorithm reverts to "Detailed".  Finally, to set your own convection coefficients on a surface, use the CONVECTIONCOEFFICIENTS object.  The objects mentioned above are also documented in the I/O Reference and the Engineering Reference.

Good luck,

-----Original Message-----
From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of pezpapagallo
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 3:22 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Convection coeff

Good morning, I´m simulating a building and I would like to adjust the
convection coeff between the walls, floor and ceiling to the air by
myself. I would like to know some tipical values for a room of about
16m3 and infiltrations of 27m3/h. And also, how that value can change
if we introduce a HVAC with 10ACH. Thank you in advance