Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Sources contribution

It is very difficult to separate the total zone load into component loads,
because the heat balances on the surfaces and the room air simultaneously
include the interactions of the various components.

There are some report variables which will report various heat gains, such as
Lights Total Heat Gain, and Zone Window Heat Gain/Loss. Convective heat gains
(e.g. Zone Lights Convective Heat Gain) are also a "load" at the same time, but
other types of heat gains may be delayed before becoming a load, or may never
become a load.  Surfaces interact with the zone air heat balance by convection
(Surface Int Convection Heat Gain to Air), but this includes the solar gains
and radiant internal gains which are absorbed by the surfaces.  As all of these
interactions are combined within the zone heat balance, the contribution of
each heat gain component becomes blurred.

Component loads can be approximated by removing a particular load from the
simulation and comparing results.  But even this is flawed, because the
contribution from a particular component will depend on the order in which
loads are removed.  I do not have a good method to recommend to break out
component loads.

Mike

On 5 Apr 2007 at 10:38, alberto wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I am trying to make an analysis of the contribution of each heat gain sources in
> a building and I would like to know which variables Ishould put on the Report
> menu. I tried the following: Zone People Total Heat Gain, Lights Total Heat
> Gain, Electric Equipment Total Heat Gain and Window AC Total Zone Cooling
> Energy(I am studying a building with a window air conditioners). But as the
> first variables are heat gain , there is a delay between them and the cooling
> load at window AC  so if I want to check the contribution hour by hour it is
> possible to do an energy balance properly. Do you have any suggestions?
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Alberto Hernandez Neto

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx