Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] VAV system modeling?

When attempting to fix Node connection errors, the first step is to search the
input file for the node names listed in the error messages.  Often, the cause
is a typing error and you will find that the node name appears only once in the
input file.  Only zone air node names should appear once.  Every (or nearly
every) other node name should appear two or more times in the input.

The first message indicates that "ZONE 25 INLET NODE" has been specified in a
zone splitter or supply plenum object, but has not been used in a terminal unit
object (e.g. DIRECT AIR, SINGLE DUCT:VAV:REHEAT, etc.).

The next error indicates that "ZONE EQUIPMENT INLET NODE" has been used in an
AIR PRIMARY LOOP object, but is not used in a ZONE SPLITTER or SUPPLY PLENUM
object (or directly connected to a zone terminal unit if serving a single
zone).

Mike

On 13 Apr 2007 at 13:22, love9787m wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm currently modeling VAV system and DOAS to find out the difference
> between those two system and enery consumption.
> So, I already finished the Model of DOAS, but some problems of VAV
> system arised.
> The error message is below;
> Severe  ** Node ZONE 25 INLET NODE connects to no component
>    **   ~~~   ** Occurs in Supply Air Path=TERMREHEATSUPPLYPATH
>    **   ~~~   ** Check the connection to a CONTROLLED ZONE EQUIP
> CONFIGURATION object
>    ** Severe  ** An outlet node in  Air Primary Loop TYPICAL TERMINAL
> REHEAT 1 is not connected to any zone
>    **   ~~~   ** Could not match ZoneEquipGroup Inlet Node="ZONE
> EQUIPMENT INLET NODE" to any Supply Air Path or controlled zone
>
> Despite assistance from the example file, I cannot find out a cause of
> those problem.
>
> Please help!

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx