Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Autosizing and general E+ procedure

Generally, a fully autosized run behaves very well, and it is not typical to go
back and replace "autosize" with hard values.

The "unacceptable loop demand range" may just be an input issue.  In the range
based operation objects, the last upper range limit should always be a very
large value to avoid an early iteration landing in the out of range zone.

The "condenser loop volume is too small for stable operation" appears to be
happening at odd times (might be a small bug) but it should be adjusting this
upward automatically and running fine.

If this doesn't help, please send me the input of check it into the files area
on yahoo.

Mike

On 18 Apr 2007 at 17:52, maenebraska wrote:

> I would like to ask a basic question with regard to model creation
> in EnergyPlus.  We have used the "autosizing" function to determine
> several factors for the cooling tower and detailed cooling coil but
> have ended up with a very unstable model.
>
> Is it typical to place autosizing parameters in the unknown
> components in E+, run the appropriate sizing parameters, and replace
> the autosize with the resulting values?  In what cases will
> the "design" paramters (cooling tower W/k, fan flow, cooling coil
> capacitance etc...) not be allow stable operation for all types of
> weather?
>
> I have been getting errors with regard to unacceptable loop demand
> range causing cooling tower shutdown for various errors and that the
> condenser loop volume is too small for stable operation.  The values
> seeming to cause the errors are the actual values observed in the
> building.

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx