Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Ventilation:Mechanical Controller Issues

The input looks fine to me, so I do not understand the errors.  I have posted a
bug report to determine if there is a lurking input error or if this is a bug.
One thing you might try would be to use simple zone names instead of ZONE LIST
names in the VENTILATION:MECHANICAL objects.

Mike

On 18 Apr 2007 at 16:59, asheaffe wrote:

> I am having a problem using the ventilation:mechanical object.  I
> get errors like:
>
>  ** Warning ** Zone name = 3E in VENTILATION:MECHANICAL object name
> = 3RD DCV is not on the same air loop as Controller:Outside air =
> 3RD OA CONTROLLER
>    **   ~~~   ** This zone will not be used and the simulation will
> continue...
>
> and
>
>  ** Warning ** Zone name = 1E is not accounted for by
> VENTILATION:MECHANICAL object name = 3RD DCV
>    **   ~~~   ** Ventilation per unit floor area has not been
> specified for this zone, which is connected to
>    **   ~~~   ** the air loop served by Controller:Outside Air = 3RD
> OA CONTROLLER. Simulation will continue...
>
> It seems that other people have had this same issue, but I can't
> find any posts that suggest a solution.  I posted a file Called B1+
> in the problems section.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx