[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: HVAC Descriptions

Some clarification is needed here.

In HVAC Parlance, a "multizone" is a single central unit that
provides individual control to several zones through several
different individual duct systems.

It does not behave like a single zone/constant volume system.

Having said that, does DB or EnergyPlus mean something different by
the use of the term "multizone"?

Thanks, Gentlemen.

Bruce J. Gustafson

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andy Tindale" <andy@...>
wrote:

> You can serve multiple zones in DesignBuilder with a single unitary
system
> by selecting an HVAC template using the 'Unitary multizone' compact
HVAC
> type.  In this case, it is necessary to set one of the zones as
being
> thermostatic control zone.
>
> Andy

Witte
> Sent: 23 April 2007 17:37
> To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] HVAC Descriptions
>

> I am not sure if there is a way within DesignBuilder to serve
multiple zones
> on
> the same unitary system.
>
> One approach is to delete all of the DesignBuilder HVAC input
objects, then
> use
> COMPACT HVAC:ZONE:UNITARY and COMPACT HVAC:SYSTEM:UNITARY to create
a single
> HVAC system serving multiple zones, designating one zone to be the
control
> zone.
>
> Mike
>

> On 23 Apr 2007 at 15:04, msemech wrote:
>
> > Greetings:
> >
> > A basic question.
> >
> > I'm doing an energy analysis to ASHRAE 90.1.  We've created the
model
> > using DesignBuilder (DB), but that doesn't do enough for us with
HVAC