[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Window AC or Unitary - Coil:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical

Dear E+s,

I am not sure whether to put my next question now or wait till after I
finish validating the building envelop and am ready to validate the air
conditioner. Anyway:

Is there any need to confirm ground temperature? i think the 20 degree C
given by E+ is too low. Compared to the documentation which states that in
the US, the ground temperature can be taken as 2 degree less than the room
temperature is only 1 degree different when I set the room temperature to 23
degree C during the experiment.

The question is what if I were to raise the room temperature to 24 or 25
degrees to save energy of the air conditioner? I suppose I would have to put
a thermocouple on the floor too, then, if I am not wrong, to use the Slab
utility to adjust the ground temp?

Sorry for imposing,

Ooi