Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question about modelling false ceiling

Hello Filipe,

I have just uploaded the latest DesignBuilder 1.3 WebHelp and this contains
some useful information on the definition of block and zone dimensions.  I
would recommend taking a look at the following topics:

http://www.designbuilder.co.uk/programhelp/index.htm#block_and_zone_dimensio
ns.htm

and,

http://www.designbuilder.co.uk/programhelp/index.htm#separate_constructions.
htm

...click on Show Diagram.

Note that blocks are defined using the external dimensions and zones show
the correct internal dimensions so that the zone volumes are accurately
calculated. In DesignBuilder version 1.3 (due for release soon) you can
choose whether or not to include the suspended ceiling and raised floor gaps
(voids) in the zone volume for natural ventilation and mechanical
ventilation purposes when using "Separate" definition of constructions.

1. In simple terms, the block height should include the floor slab but
exclude the floor slab of the floor above.

2. It is not generally necessary to define false ceilings as separate zones
unless you wish to use them as supply/return air plenums.

3. By default yes, but if you are using DesignBuilder version 1.3 with
"Separate" constructions you can exclude ceiling and floor voids.

If this does not explain it please contact DesignBuilder support either
through the forum or by e-mailing us.

Regards,

Andy Tindale
DesignBuilder Software