Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] heating and cooling energy consumption

Yes, your conclusion is correct.  However, be careful that you select the
report variables for each component which represent energy consumption rather
than heating/cooling delivered.  You can confirm this by looking at the mtd
output file at the various electricity and gas meters (in the lower half of the
file).  You may find the CUSTOM METER object to be a useful way to combine
these items.

Also, be sure to use the ABUPS report (report:table:predfined, abups;) as a
check to make sure you have not left out a component.  For example, the sum of
your subtotals for residential heating electric energy plus office heating
electric energy should match the ABUPS value for heating electricity.

Mike

On 26 Jun 2007 at 11:21, Ery Djunaedy wrote:

> All,
>
> I have read the archive about the difference between zone/sys heating
> vs. heating coil report. My conclusion is that we should stick to the
> coils report as this reflect the energy consumption. I just want to
> ask whether I get the correct conclusion from the discussion.
>
> I have a building with two (residential+office) towers. Both are
> served with separate air loops, and residential zones also have PTHPs.
> I want to be able to tell the heating and cooling energy consumption
> for both residential and office.
>
> Here is how I am going to analyze the result:
> **********
> Heating energy consumption (office)
> - Main Heating Coil
> - All Reheat Coils
>
> Cooling energy consumption (office)
> - Main Cooling Coil
>
> Fan energy consumption (office)
> - Office Fan energy
>
> Heating energy consumption (residential)
> - Main Heating Coil
> - DX Heating Coils
> - Supplemental heating coils
>
> Cooling energy consumption (residential)
> - Main Cooling Coil
> - DX cooling coils
>
> Fan energy consumption (residential)
> - Office Fan energy
> - PTHPs fan energy
> **********
>
> Is my conclusion to exclude the zone/sys heating and cooling correct?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ery

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx