Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] heating and cooling energy consumption

Hi Mike,
  Thanks for your reply.
  - Being an architect with no experience of HVAC systems, I really need to understand some terms and cannot find explaining definitions in the documentation files, could you guide me to some glossary please?
  - I need to understand what's "purchased cooling/heating", So I was trying to look through the PurchAirTables.idf , simulating its model, got: Zone/Sys Sensible Heating Rate and Purchased Air Sensible Cooling Rate (of different value for the same zone, why?)
  Thank you.
  Abeer

"Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
          There are no report variables which report this directly. You could use the
zone sensible heating and cooling energy to proportion the heating and cooling
energy use in an approximate way.

Mike