Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Latent loads with purchasedair

Purchased Air is always supplied to the zone at the user specified temperature
and humidity condition.  All moisture balances in the zone are included in the
simulation, including the impact of infiltration and internal latent gains.
But Purchased Air does not actively control the zone humidity to a specific
level.

Purchased Air Total Cooling Energy (or Rate) reports the latent and sensible
energy required to bring the return air (plus outside air if specified) to the
specified supply air temperature and humidity ratio.

Purchased Air Sensible Cooling Energy and Purchased Air Heating Energy report
sensible energy only.

For definitions of Purchased Air report variables, please see the Input Output
Reference, p. 716 (pdf p. 755).  For the equations used in Purchased Air,
please see the Engineering Reference, p. 631 (pdf p. 667).

Mike

On 4 Jul 2007 at 17:11, michela.buzzetti@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear all,
> I need to know if the purchasedair simulation includes into the
> calculation the latent cooling loads.
>
> Best Regard
> Greeting
>
> Michela

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx