RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Reportt variables

At 01:06 AM 8/2/2007, josep.sole@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I'm not interested in one particular variable but to obtain
>information about all variables.
>
>It will be possible to prepare one documentation?
>
>For example different "similar" variables are
>
>HVAC,Sum,Zone/Sys Sensible Heating Energy[J]

PDF page 242 of IOReference:
Zone/Sys Sensible Heating Energy[J]
This field represents the sensible heating energy in Joules that is
actually supplied by the
system to that zone for the time step reported. This is the sensible
heating rate multiplied by
the simulation time step. This is calculated and reported from the
Correct step in the Zone
Predictor-Corrector module. . This field is not multiplied by zone or
group multipliers.
Zone/Sys Sensible Heating (and Cooling) Energy (and Rate) all report
the heating or cooling delivered by
the HVAC system to a zone. These values are calculated by multiplying
the supply air mass flow rate by
the difference between the supply air temperature and the zone air
temperature. This does not always
indicate the operation of heating or cooling coils. For example,
cooling will be reported if the supply air is
cooled due to the introduction of outside air, even if all coils are off.
Note that these variables are calculated at the system time step.
When reported at the "detailed" reporting
frequency, these variable will never show heating and cooling both in
the same system time step. If
reported at a frequency less than "Detailed" (for example, Hourly)
values may appear in both the heating
and cooling variable for the same hour if the system cooled the zone
for part of the reporting period and
heated the zone for another part of the reporting period.

>HVAC,Sum,Purchased Air Heating Energy[J]

PDF page 755 of IOReference

Purchased Air Heating Energy[J]
The energy needed to raise the temperature of the mixed outside and
return air stream to the
specified temperature of the supply air stream. Any energy needed for
moisture addition or
removal is ignored.

>Or
>
>HVAC,Average,Zone/Sys Sensible Load Predicted[W]
>
>HVAC,Average,Zone/Sys Sensible Load to Heating Setpoint Predicted[W]
>
>HVAC,Average,Zone/Sys Sensible Load to Cooling Setpoint Predicted[W]

PDF Page 908 of IO Reference:
Zone/Sys Sensible Load Predicted[W]
This is the predicted sensible load in W required to meet the current
zone thermostat
setpoint. A positive value indicates a heating load, a negative value
indicates a cooling load.
This is calculated and reported from the Predict step in the Zone
Predictor-Corrector module.
For nearly all equipment types, the Predictor-Corrector evaluates the
active heating and/or
cooling setpoints, determines if the zone requires heating or cooling
or is in the deadband,
and then passes this single load to the equipment. This value is not
multiplied by zone or
group multipliers.
Zone/Sys Sensible Load to Heating Setpoint Predicted[W]
This is the predicted sensible load in W required to meet the current
zone thermostat heating
setpoint. A positive value indicates a heating load, a negative value
indicates a cooling load.
This is calculated and reported from the Predict step in the Zone
Predictor-Corrector module.
This value is not multiplied by zone or group multipliers.
Zone/Sys Sensible Load to Cooling Setpoint Predicted[W]
This is the predicted sensible load in W required to meet the current
zone thermostat cooling
setpoint. A positive value indicates a heating load, a negative value
indicates a cooling load.
This is calculated and reported from the Predict step in the Zone
Predictor-Corrector module.
This value is not multiplied by zone or group multipliers.

One document?  Meaning one document with all the output variables and
their descriptions?  Possible but then the definitions are missing
the context of the Input objects.

The above search did not take me very long.  And takes me directly to
the spot in the Input Output Reference document.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team