[EnergyPlus_Support] Partitions - possibilities for new outputs?

Hi everybody,

I have been thinking about the role of internal partitions in Energy Plus and how could we potentially assess the impact of these elements of interior design in the energy consumption of the buildings we are modelling.

I understand the internal partitions when modelled as heat storage surfaces are considered only with regards to their thermal mass. In this circumstances their positions are not taken into account and therefore the consequent influence of these positioning in the internal solar radiation distribution cannot be accessed.

The way forward to this would be to zone the building differently, considering each partition as a heat transfer surface and therefore account not only for their mass but also for their position.
However, in both situations one cannot assess the role of these partitions directly, that is, separately from the building envelope heat exchanges.

Would it be possible to provide output variables with regards to convective and conductive heat exchanges for internal surfaces separately from the ones from external surfaces at a zone level?

Specifically:
Zone Opaque Surface Inside Face Conduction Gain/Losses exterior environment surfaces
Zone Opaque Surface Inside Face Conduction Gain/Losses other zone surface environment

Surface Int Convection Heat Gain to Air exterior environment surfaces
Surface Int Convection Heat Gain to Air other zone surface environment

...as separate output variables?

That would help enormously in assessing the impact of these elements of interior design in the energy consumption of the buidlings we are analysing as it would be possible to separate the roles of the core and shell of a building from its commercial interior.

Does anybody else see this as something relevant? Please let me know...

I thank you very much for your attention

Best regards,

Clarice

      Alertas do Yahoo! Mail em seu celular. Saiba mais em http://br.mobile.yahoo.com/mailalertas/