Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Plant and System changes during macro runs

Large ##if blocks will work, but it can become difficult to navigate the file
for editing, especially if there are many different system alternatives or if
the system descriptions serve many zones.

An alternative approach is to break the input file into major sections and use
##include (or ##includesilent which runs a little faster) to pull in the
different system descriptions.  For example, your master input file could have
just the building description with no HVAC, then make two or more idf files
which contain the full description for one system alternative.  In the master
file, use ##if blocks which simply contain a ##include statement to read in the
desired system description.

Mike