Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Suspended radiant panels

1.  I suppose you could describe a surface which is positioned as thought it is
supsended.  This would have to be a pair of surfaces (one facing up and one
facing down) which are connected as "interzone" surfaces even though both are
in the same zone.  But understand that the radiant view factor calculations are
not full 3-D.  View factors are affected by azimuths and tilts, but position in
the zone does not matter.  If the radiant panels are electric, you could use
the high temperature radiant model (HIGH TEMP RADIANT SYSTEM) and specify the
view factors directly.

2.  Low temp radiant systems are only valid on base surfaces (not subsurfaces,
no internal mass).  You would need to describe the ceiling as two or more
SURFACE:HEATRANSFER objects, one with the area of the radiant panel, and one
with the remaining ceiling area.

Mike

On 5 Sep 2007 at 13:21, lorenzomattarolo wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm simulating an office with radiant panels on the ceiling.
>
> 1. Is it possible to put the radiant panels as they were suspended
> from the ceiling?
>
> 2. The panels aren't as wide as the ceiling. How can I set this in the
> surfaceHeatTransfer? Do I have to put one surface with a normal
> construction for the ceiling and a smaller one with internal source
> for the panel?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Lorenzo

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx