Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] multiple Ventilation:Mechanical statements error

This issue was resolved in EnergyPlus version 2.1 which will be released
in October 2007. The work around is to have the Zone statements and the
Zone Equip Configuration statements in the IDF in corresponding order.
Use a text editor and place the Controlled Zone Equip Configuration
objects in the same order (from top to bottom) as the Zone objects.

Zone abc
Zone xyz

ControlledZoneEquipConfiguration (CZEC) for Zone abc
ControlledZoneEquipConfiguration for Zone xyz

Fortier Engineering wrote:

> I have multiple ventilation:mechanical statements in a simulation I am
> running to see the energy savings of Ventilation control. I get
> multiple errors like the one below
>
> ** Warning ** Zone name = ZONE3 in VENTILATION:MECHANICAL object name
> = ZONE3 CO2 CONTROL is not on the same air loop as Controller:Outside
> air = ZONE3 OA CONTROLLER
> ** ~~~ ** This zone will not be used and the simulation will continue...
> ** Warning ** Zone name = MEZZANINE is not accounted for by
> VENTILATION:MECHANICAL object name = ZONE3 CO2 CONTROL
> ** ~~~ ** Ventilation per unit floor area has not been specified for
> this zone, which is connected to
> ** ~~~ ** the air loop served by Controller:Outside Air = ZONE3 OA
> CONTROLLER. Simulation will continue...
> ** Warning ** PEOPLE object for zone = MEZZANINE is not accounted for
> by VENTILATION:MECHANICAL object name = ZONE3 CO2 CONTROL
> ** ~~~ ** A "PEOPLE" object has been specified in the idf for this
> zone, but it is not included in this Ventilation:Mechanical Object.
>
> I double checked to make sure all my statements were referencing the
> correct zones and that each of my zones had a "people" object.
>
> Any help as to the cause of this error would be appreciated.
>
> Joseph Lewis
> Fortier Engineering

Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer
Florida Solar Energy Center
University of Central Florida
1679 Clearlake Road
Cocoa, FL  32922-5703
Phone:   (321) 638-1454
Fax:     (321) 638-1439 or 1010
Visit our web site at: http://www.fsec.ucf.edu

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years