Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Air Layering / internal gains surface temp

1) I would suggest reviewing the "Room Air Models" section of the Intput Output
Reference.  Depending on the type of HVAC system you are modeling, one of these
options may be appropriate.

2) This cannot be done directly.  Internal gains objects, such as ELECTRIC
EQUIPMENT allow the user to specify a fraction of the energy input which
becomes a radiant thermal gain to the zone, but there are no temperatures or
spatial geometry associated with these.  The only way to control a surface
temperature is by using a heat transfer surface with other side coefficients.
But this would impact both the zone heat balance as well as the thermal comfort
calculations.  It is not clear to me that you will be able to get the precision
you require for this situation using EnergyPlus.

Mike

On 6 Nov 2007 at 10:03, Florian Stift wrote:

> I have two questions regarding the modelling process of a big
> production hall.
>
> 1) How do I model or define different air layers within the zone and
> furthermore define the rate of air and moisture exchange between them.
>
> 2) There are many machines with high electricity consumption in this
> hall. As the comfort criterias have to be very precise, the surface
> temperatures of those machines are very important for my simulations.
> How do I model internal gains and define load and surface temperatures
> for them??

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx