[EnergyPlus_Support] Effects of Zone and System Sizing?

Hello,

I have been working with EnergyPlus Simulation files attempting to
assess the impact of various Energy Efficiency Retrofits on the
energy consumption of a specific building.  I am developing
EnergyPlus files using Compact HVAC Description and my question
relates to the factors within the building that are being auto sized
within EnergyPlus due to this fact. As I wish to assess the effects
of changing building components on a building with static mechanical
systems I was wondering if you could explain how to ensure that the
mechanical systems are remaining constant and now being re-sized
within EnergyPlus after each incremental change.

I have so far attempted two separate methods for achieving a static
building system model.  First I ran a base level EnergyPlus file;
when the simulation was completed I extracted the information
available within the ".eio" output file which listed the values
determined for in the auto sizing of components.  I then replaced
the "auto size" parameters with the corresponding input parameters in
first the Compact HVAC Objects and then in the expanded .idf objects.
Both methods produce different results for pump and fan loads when
simulating for Energy efficiency retrofits (EERs). Specifically, when
the expanded .idf file was defined using all of the original
component sizing information EERs such as a change in cooling set
point temperature now have no effect on consumption.

What would be the best way to most accurately define a building
within EnergyPlus which possesses static building system information?

Thank you
Eric