Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Design Volume Flow Rate

I am not an expert in this area, perhaps someone else can comment on
approximations that they use for this situation.  You may be able to find some
suggestions in an HVAC handbook.  Based on my limited understanding, the value
you suggest, wind speed times opening area would be the maximum possible value.
 There are many factors that will reduce the flow below this limit: resistance
due to opening size, wind direction (if it is not normal to the opening), if
there are equal opening areas on opposite sides of the building, etc.

If this is a critical aspect of your design, you may find it useful to model
each opening in detail using the Airflownetwork:* objects.

Mike