Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Radiant system - boundary condition

1.  Yes, it should be a construction with internal source, a mirror of the
ceiling construction.

2.  The low temp radiant system should be connected to the surface for the zone
which is controlling the heat output.  In this case, that would be the ceiling.
 The floor surface above (which is the outside face environment object for the
ceiling) is not connected to a low temp radiant system.  But it will be warm
due to heat transfer from the internal source traveling both toward the ceiling
below and the floor above.

Mike

On 4 Jan 2008 at 14:01, e_matta81 wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to model a multistorey building.
> Each ceiling has pipes embedded in the concrete for heating and cooling.
>
> The ceilings at each level are "construction with internal source".
> Floors of the zones above, connected to these ceilings, have to be
> made by the same layer.
>
> 1
> Is it correct to define the floors' structure either as "construction
> with internal source"?
> Or in this way am I considering twice the effect of the pipes?
>
> 2
> In "low temp radiant system" I have to write the surface related to
> the system. Do I have to put only the ceilings? Or should I put twice
> the radiant surface (ceiling+floor)?
>
> Thanks a lot for any help or suggestion.
>
> JM

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx