RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] errors about zone splitter

Zone splitters are limited to 50.  If you have more than 50 zones, you'll need multiple air systems.  Another option is to use multipliers and model only a few floors.

________________________________

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of beyangj
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 9:04 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] errors about zone splitter

Dear all,

When I opened the IDF file exported from a DesignBuilder model, there
were many IDF Paring Error messages popup one by one. The message is
¡°Too many fields for objects: ZONE SPLITTER¡±.

There are 6 zones every floor, and there are 40 stories in my
DesignBuilder model. When there are less than 10 stories in the model,
there is no error message poping up when I opened the IDF file
exported from a DesignBuilder model. When there are more than 10
stories in my DesignBuilder model, the Error messages mentioned above
popup again when I open the IDF file exported from it. There is no
error when I run my model in DesignBuilder. Could you help me why this
happened? Thanks a lot in advance.

Young