Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re:Zoning and modelling VAV

1. If you anticipate all of the zones to be conditioned to nearly the same
temperatures, mixing of air across the open plan or within the common shaft
will have little impact on the results.

2.  Since you are combining rooms vertically to form thermal zones, I would not
add the complexity of separate plenum spaces.  But you must remember to include
the exterior wall areas of the 1.3m space as part of the total exterior wall
area for the thermal zones.

3.  In the ExampleFiles folder, look at ExampleFiles.xls for a listing of the
key features of each example file.

Mike

On 13 Jan 2008 at 17:40, ooi wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> I managed to answer my first question on zoning, and run to success for one zone
> surfaces. I am still not sure if I need to use AirFlow Network and create a zone
> for the 1.3m high space between the ceilings and the floors above.
>

> I have yet to study the example files on VAV, so any suggestions would be
> appreciated.
>

> Regards
>
> ooi

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx