[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: U value input

Thanks a lot, Brent. I used the tool to output two files, the only
difference between them being location and perhaps system type. Yet
one of them can report "U-Factor with Film " and "U-Factor no Film",
another can only report "U-Factor no Film".  Would you please give
me hint on this? Thanks again. I uploaded two files package named "U
factor".

Eric

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Griffith, Brent"
<brent_griffith@...> wrote:

> Not directly.  E+ uses layer-by-layer descriptions and targeting a
> specific U-value often requires iteration.  Tune the material
properties
> of an insulation layer inside the construction.  Be careful about
the
> surface film coefficients when setting targets...  (E+ can report
them
> with or without, but Standards aren't always so clear).  If the
Standard
> is 90.1, you could try constructions out of an input file from the
> EnergyPlus Example File Generator.

eric_zhou1223
> Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:27 AM
> To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] U value input
>

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a simple way to define an U value for a wall,which is
made of
> several layers, like in eQuest? Given that I need to set the wall
U-