[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: PlantFlowResolver warnings --> fatal errors

Thank you very much for your reply, I am waiting eagerly for any
suggestions for this problem. The project is stucked here for
several days. It needs to be evaluated for the option "Constant
primary variable secondary" in this project.

I noticed you questioned the issue "PlantFlowResolver" last year,
and Mike asked you to submit your file. What was going on then? Is
there a bug in this choice ""constant primary variable secondary""?
My submitted file was based on the example file and the main
difference is the building geometry.

For the severe error of "FindRootSimpleController", it looks not be
the case actually, as this warning only happens in winter.

thanks again , Tj.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tjutw" <tjutw@...> wrote:

> It seems the main problem is the primary-secondary system for
chilled
> water loop. If you change "chilled water pump configuration"  from
> "constant primary variable secondary" to "variable flow no
secondary"
> , at least the model can run for a whole year although there are
still
> some severe errors.
>
> For the severe error of "FindRootSimpleController: Controller error
> for controller", I do not know how to fix them.  One possible
reason
> is that chiller capacity or cooling coil capacity is not
sufficient.

> For primary-secondary system in E+, you may try to use another
option
> "plant connection component".
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Tj Ywh
>
> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "eric_zhou1223"
> <eric_zhou1223@> wrote:
> >

> > This kind of warnings accumulated up to more than 30000 and
> > terminated the program:
> >
> >    **  Fatal  ** PlantFlowResolver: Previous condition for Plant
> > Loop=CHILLED WATER LOOP CHILLED WATER LOOP, Branch=VAV SYS WS
PREM
> > COOLING COIL CHW BRANCH(>30,000 Out of Bounds errors) causes
> > termination.
> >
> > Where can I start to fix it? Your help would be appreciated much.
> > Please see the CompactObjectExm.idf in the submital zone.
> >
> > Eric
> >
> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "eric_zhou1223"
> > <eric_zhou1223@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I made an IDF file through the CompactHVAC and came across
some
> > > warnings as below, while the file was completed successfully
> > anyway.
> > > Anybody could tell me what does they imply and how can I fix
them?
> > > Thank you in advance.
> > >

> > >   ** Warning ** PlantFlowResolver: Branch flow rates out of
> > bounds,
> > > for Plant Loop=CHILLED WATER LOOP CHILLED WATER LOOP,
Branch=VAV
> > > SYS  WS CORE COOLING COIL CHW BRANCH
> > >    **   ~~~   ** Conditions should be: 18.275 <= 4.569 <=
7.193
> > > Occurrence info=SHANGHAI SHANGHAI CHN CUSTOM-583620
WMO#=583620,