Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: unit ventilator woes

Hi Richard;

Thanks for your help; while trying to answer your questions, I found my
error: there is, in actually, no flow imbalance, because I neglected to
consider the UNIT VENTILATOR's relief node. Intuitively, I was thinking that
if the unit was drawing 100% outside air, flow from the zone exhaust node
and to its relief node would both be zero. However, what's happening
(judging by looking at the node flowrates and temperatures) is that the unit
is taking air from the zone exhaust node and sending it all to its relief
node, while also taking air from its OA node and sending that air through
the unit's fan and coil and into the zone. So, it actually is working
alright, it just didn't look like I though it would.

Thanks a lot for your help in helping me to get to the bottom of this.

Josh

--
Josh Kjenner, EIT, LEED AP
Manasc Isaac Architects Ltd.