Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: unit ventilator woes

Hi Richard;

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that I can ignore the error, but it
seems like this could possibly be a bug in the software. When a UNIT
VENTILATOR is drawing 100% outside air, it doesn't seem like the zone
exhaust node that it is connected to should be showing any flow...

Also, I had a second issue that remains a problem: that of the UNIT
VENTILATOR not running in a COOLING/NO COIL/FIXED AMOUNT scenario.
Specifically: my UNIT VENTILATOR uses an outside air control type of FIXED
AMOUNT, and has only a heating coil and no cooling coil. On the summer
design day, when there is no heating load, the UNIT VENTILATOR in my model
isn't turning on when its component availability schedule is > 0 as the
documentation suggests that it should be. Can you think of a reason why this
is happening?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Josh