Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] new problems in airflow network :surface

hi Lixing
after your advices I defined my walls with interior
surface and outside surfaces. ofis zone1 in which the
cross ventilation will occur has one outside surface
facing exterior and three outside surfaces facing to
ofis zone 2. The program gives error as below;

 ** Severe  ** GetAirflowNetworkInput:
AirflowNetwork:Multizone:Zone=OFIS-ZONE2
   **   ~~~   **  has only one surface defined in
AIRFLOWNETWORK:MULTIZONE:SURFACE
   **   ~~~   ** Each zone should have at least two
surfaces defined in AIRFLOWNETWORK:MULTIZONE:SURFACE

when I define the other surface of ofis-zone1 facing
to zone2 (in the ofis zone2, I assume that the only
opening is the same window described for ofiszone1
back window) and using the same linkage and nod name
it gives the errors like this;

   ** Warning ** GetAirflowNetworkInput:
AirflowNetwork:Multizone:Zone=OFIS-ZONE2
   **   ~~~   ** has more than one surface defined in
AIRFLOWNETWORK:MULTIZONE:SURFACE, but has the same
boundary conditions
   **   ~~~   ** Please check inputs of
AIRFLOWNETWORK:MULTIZONE:SURFACE
   ** Severe  ** GetAirflowNetworkInput:
AirflowNetworkComponent: The opening must be assigned
to a window, door or glassdoor at OFIS1-ARKA DIS DUV
   ** Severe  ** GetAirflowNetworkInput:
AirflowNetworkComponent: The opening must be assigned
to a window, door or glassdoor at OFIS2-BOLUCU-ARKA

I couldn't find an example for airflow network with a
window facing interior. I will be glad if you help me
solving this. And in your mail you described
everything for using detailed openinng component. I am
using simple opening  component. Does it matter using
detailed opening or simple opening in my example?

I will upload the first situation idf file

Be a better friend, newshound, and