Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] problem in assigning AirflowNetworkComponent: The opening to a window

Neslihan:

The surfaces used in the AirflowNetwork:MultiZone:Surface, which specify a
linkage as the AirflowNetwork:Multizone:Component Detailed opening object,
require surface types as door, window, or glass door. Other surface types
are not allowed. A paragraph is extracted from the Input Output Reference on
page 656:

AirflowNetwork:Multizone:Component Detailed Opening

This object specifies the properties of air flow through windows and doors
(window, door and glass door heat transfer subsurfaces) when they are closed
or open. The fields are similar to those for AirflowNetwork:Multizone:
Surface Crack Data when the window or door is closed, but additional fields
are required to describe the air flow characteristics when the window or
door is open. These additional fields include opening type, opening
dimensions, degree of opening, and opening schedule.

The surfaces names (ON DUVAR and ARKA DUVAR) defined in the
AirflowNetwork:MultiZone:Surface in your input are referred to the "wall"
type. That is why severe errors are provided.

In addition, enclosed is my reply to you on Jan. 7, 2008. The two issues are
not addressed.

Thanks.

Lixing

Enclosed:

Neslihan:

I looked at the input file and found two issues using the AirflowNetwork
model.

1    Parent surface facing

Any parent surface defined as an AIRFLOWNETWORK:MULTIZONE:SURFACE does not
allow the parent surface faces itself: the user supplied surface name =
OutsideFaceEnviroment object. The reason to reject this choice is that the
prarent surface has to face different interior and exterior boundary
conditions, so that the AirflowNetwork model can work. A severe error
message in the eplusout.err shows it.

2    Wind direction

Wind direction fields used in the AIRFLOWNETWORK:MULTIZONE:WIND PRESSURE
COEFFICIENT ARRAY object do not allow the repeated values. The object is
enclosed.

As long as you make the above two issues correct, the AirflowNetwork model
should work. However, you still have other warning issues.

Best regards,

Lixing

!- =========== ALL OBJECTS IN CLASS: AIRFLOWNETWORK:MULTIZONE:WIND PRESSURE
COEFFICIENT ARRAY ===========
AIRFLOWNETWORK:MULTIZONE:WIND PRESSURE COEFFICIENT ARRAY,
basinc-array-ön, !- WPC Array Name
10, !- Reference Height for WPC Data {m}
180, !- Wind Direction #1 {deg}
180, !- Wind Direction #2 {deg}
180, !- Wind Direction #3 {deg}
180, !- Wind Direction #4 {deg}