[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: ASHRAE 90.1 Windows

Does the advice to use the example file generator also apply to
building composite walls/roofs for which we don't find examples in the
CompositeWallConstruction.idf file?  The documentation says to not
edit the inner layer of the composite wall construction...I see how to
build layered walls, but once framing comes into play that creates
bridging effect, or is otherwise not a "layer" I'm not clear.  Someone
said if the goal is an R-13 (for example) just layer something that
gives you an R-13, this doesn't sound right?  Shouldn't I be building
something that reflects different thermal properties of say an R-13
concrete vs steel framed vs stick framed?

Thank you, and I apologize if this is terribly basic, I did scour old
posts and documentation.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Griffith, Brent"