Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Geothermal Heat Pump and Swimming pool modelling

EnergyPlus can model geothermal heat pumps with a ground loop consisting of
vertical boreholes (GROUND HEAT EXCHANGER:VERTICAL).  Data for some example
ground heat exchangers are provided in \Datasets\GLHERefData.idf  Other
configurations require use of a geothermal heat pump design tool to generate
the required data.

EnergyPlus does not have a swimming pool model.  If you search the yahoo group
archives, I recall someone offering suggestions about how to approximate the
loads from a swimming pool.

Mike

On 11 Feb 2008 at 17:30, Nuno Costa Brandão wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I´m trying to simulate a building which uses a Geothermal HeatPump for
> water heating. The water is supplied to a swimming pool and to other
> hot water demands, like bathrooms, showers, hot water radiators, etc.
> In order to evaluate this possibility I´m trying to find its annual
> energy consumption.
>
> I´m thinking of a horizontal or vertical tube possibility. Is this
> possible to simulate with EnergyPlus? How about the swimming pool
> modelling, is it possible to simulate?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Nuno Brandão

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx