[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: regeneration coil

There is not any error because I don't insert any regeneration air
heater under DESICCANT DEHUMIDIFIER section. I would a water coil as
regeneration coil, not a gas or electric one, and I'm trying a
different strategy. I "manually" put a water coil just before the
Desiccant Heat Exchanger, and control it with a CONTROLLER:SIMPLE
controller and a SCHEDULE:SETPOINT setpoint on air outlet node. Thus,
I don't get any error, but the coil is always off. Maybe it is not
possibile to control a coil placed on relief air stream.
What do you think?

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Raustad
<RRaustad@...> wrote:

> The desiccant dehumidifier only allows an electric or gas heating
coil
> in the regeneration air stream. Without one of these heating coil
types,
> you should get an error. Is there any errors in the err file?
>
> davide.loba wrote:
> >
> > Thank you Richard for your reply.
> > I have already "listed" the coil in the OUTSIDE AIR SYSTEM
EQUIPMENT,
> > as last component, but I have the same problem. Also the schedules
> > seem to be ok.
> > Have you got another advice?
> > Loba
> >
> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com>, Richard Raustad
> > <RRaustad@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Did you "list" the HW coil type and name in the Outside Air
System
> > object?
> > > You would also want the HW coil to turn on only when the
desiccant
> > > system is on. The only way I can think of is to manually create
an
> > > availability schedule for the HW coil based on the times when
the
> > > desiccant system operates.

> > outside
regeneration