Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Fwd: RoomAir model

Dear Ana,

  I use the UCSD Displacement Ventilation model quite often; however, I have not modeled a room with ceiling heights as high as you describe.

  You want your transition height to be above or nearly above the breathing zone of your occupants.  This can be difficult to achieve.  I often will have transition heights of only 0.7 meters.

  If your space is not appropriate for displacement ventilation, there is an output report that will indicate to you when the room is achieving displacement ventilation and when mixing is occuring.

  There is no relationship between the height of the temperature sensors and the transition height.  Simply put the temperature sensor at a height that makes sense to you (i.e., where your occupants are).

  The program will tell you not only the transition height but also the average temperature gradient, the maximum temperature gradient, and temperatures at floor, occupied and upper zones.  It's a wonderful tool.

  I have had very good luck with the UCSD model as well as the Mundt model.  Best of luck to you!

  Judy Peters

"anarui.oliveira" <anarui.oliveira@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Hi.
I'm reposting this in the hope of getting some experience-based
insight into the appropriate AirRoom models to use when the inner
heights are high (5-6m) or the main aspects to take into account in
order to make that selection.

Regards,
Ana Rui.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "anarui.oliveira"
<anarui.oliveira@...> wrote:

Hello, All.

When modelling zones with a useful height of 5m or 6m (or higher),
the "Well mixed" room air model is still an acceptable approximation?

The "Displacement ventilation" model shouldn't be used if insufflated
air is not introduced at approximately ground level?

If using "Displacement ventilation" model, are there any intervals
(too
high or too low) of the calculated transition height that indicate
that
this model is not appropriate for the current situation? Similarly,
is
there any relation between the height of temperature sensors and
transition height that makes this model inadequate?

Thanks in advance,
Ana Rui.

--- End forwarded message ---