From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael J.
Witte
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 1:46 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] sizing factor

My apologies for the slow response.

EnergyPlus does not currently have separate sizing factors for heating
and
cooling. The EnergyPlus sizing factor is applied to the supply air
volume flow
rate determined for a given zone. This adjusted flow rate is then used
compute coil sizes for heating and cooling coils based on the
user-specified
supply air temperatures in the SYSTEM SIZING object.

By specifying different supply air temperatures in the zone sizing
object and
the system sizing object, you can force individual coils to be sized
larger or
smaller. But this is a trial and error approach unless you know the
design
mixed air temperature and can compute the required supply air
temperature to
get the desired sizing factor.

Mike

On 19 Mar 2008 at 14:52, Minu Agarwal wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> Is it possible to specify different sizing factors for heating and
> cooling design? Could somebody tell me how it could be done? The I/O
> file mentions that sizing factor can be specified at the building
level
> or the zone level but the same factor is applied to heating and
cooling
> sizing run.
>

> Thank You,
>
> Minu
>
> CoSA, Buro Happold Consulting Engineers PC
> 100 Broadway
> New York, NY 10005
> USA
> Telephone: +1 212 334 2025
> Fax: +1 212 334 5528
>

> This message has been scanned by MailController -
www.MailController.altohiway.com

lk=aftr0&sec=recg>
> Software/Specific Programmes: VisualDOE Software User Group
>
> paperport (13 common members)

k=aftr1&sec=recg
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/paperport?v=1&t=ipt&ch=email&pub=groups&s
lk=aftr1&sec=recg>
> Software/Specific Programmes: PaperPort User Self-Support Forum This
is the Unof...

> OziUsers-L (11 common members)

lk=aftr2&sec=recg
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OziUsers-L?v=1&t=ipt&ch=email&pub=groups&;
slk=aftr2&sec=recg>
> Software/Specific Programmes: A group for users of the OziExplorer
software, inc...

> vendorgsm (8 common members)

k=aftr3&sec=recg
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vendorgsm?v=1&t=ipt&ch=email&pub=groups&s
lk=aftr3&sec=recg>
> Software/Specific Programmes: SOFTWARE AND SOLUTIONS ALWAYS TESTED!
>
> TC2000-Stocks (7 common members)

s&slk=aftr4&sec=recg
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TC2000-Stocks?v=1&t=ipt&ch=email&pub=grou
ps&slk=aftr4&sec=recg>
> Software/Specific Programmes: User's Group dedicated to the discussion
and excha...

> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under
the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
> Yahoo! Groups Links

This message has been scanned by MailController
<http://www.mailcontroller.altohiway.com/> .

Click here
<https://www.mailcontroller.altohiway.com/sr/X8HL7KiEjSv53h2eulNQhVmZKVg
WDAKLucTlNbJNFuzjQI12gSE+SadiRWTozhuScJ6Bm8iMShdIRn+lV0DoY3QpYcOcyRLYVS8
JXzn3kKShWXFY7+Xrzc5z!dma9fyIQWc4dhbjaap73W4rH7aDj5tkIXVKYDBAMpjh5gC5soQ
rE!p!iapdUfig+x73kQZv3TG4tFFfWTnnUN2S4oSIOA1bJDV!Wn6a>  to report this
email as spam.