[EnergyPlus_Support] Energy Plus on Linux - New Group Survey...

Hi;

Our company is opposed to switching operating systems from Windows XP to
Windows Vista.
Vista is slower, takes more hard disk space, and lacks features we would
like vis a vis expanding
our Energy Conservation efforts. We are also opposed to Pseudo-
monopolies operating by Forced
Conversion -- there is no alternative to throwing away something that
works ( XP ) and buying something
that is not as good ( Vista ).  We want to avoid this  FC.

How many people are using Linux out there for Energy Plus ???
Has anybody ever investigated the idea of predictive weather // building
simulation & performance & control ??

We would run a predictive weather / Sun  / Wind for 24 to 48 hours into
the future based on current weather forecast
and change the allocation of the collected Solar and Wind resource based
on that....
Linux is much better at controlling devices in the real world than
Windows  and embedded versions of Linux are everywhere....

So  Is anyone interested in a Derivative Yahoo Group  specializing in
       1) Energy Plus only,  no E-quest.
       2) Running Energy Plus on Linux   -  - mostly Open SuSE 10.3
       3) Controlling building  equipment based on the E+ runs.........

John R Ross III PE
Westwind Corporation
Vienna, VA  22182-1958
ActiveSolar03@xxxxxxxxx