[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: WINDOWS 6 Import Procedure

Dear All,

I'm using WINDOWS 5 to import a double glazing for my simulation. Then
I use the dimension input for the windows in my idf. In my output E+
calculate a opening area but it don't correspond at my value input. My
opening area is biger than my input value.
I'm confuse and I don't known if in the dimension input for the
windows in the idf is with the frame or not.

Can you give me some guidance help?
Thanks
Clara

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rob Hitchcock
<RJHitchcock@...> wrote:

> If there is only one glazing system in the window construction that you
> are importing from the WINDOW5/6 data file, then EnergyPlus will use
the
> dimensions input for the window in your IDF.  However, these are
> considered the "rough opening" dimensions, and so the dimensions of the
> frame (which is included in the WINDOW5/6 data file) will be subtracted
> from the rough opening to get the glazed area of the window.
>
> The warning about >10% variation in size is to alert you to the fact
> that the overall window system performance characteristics reported by
> WINDOW5/6, for the dimensions input in that program, may be different
> from those calculated by EnergyPlus for the dimensions given in your
IDF