Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Discharge Coefficient

Hi Lixing,
  I did not understand so much your example. I have been study the Engineering
Reference on page 383 but it is still not so clear for me yet. My problem is when the window/door are open.
  I changed some values and I noticed that the air flow has changed. But I really want to know how to calculate it correctly.
  Can you send me an example of it???
  Thanks so much,
  Ana Paula.

Lixing Gu <gu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:          Ana:

The AIRFLOWNETWORK:MULTIZONE:COMPONENT DETAILED OPENING object has two ways
to calculate airflow across the component: window open and close. When the
window is close, it only uses two fields to calculate the airflow: "Air Mass
Flow Coefficient When Opening is Closed" and "Air Mass Flow Exponent When
Opening is Closed", regardless of other inputs, including discharge
coefficients.

When the window is open, the discharge coefficient is used to calculate
airflow. The discharge coefficient used in the calculation is linear
interpolation based on the window opening factor. For example, the window
opening factor is 0.5. The input of discharge coefficient for opening factor
#1is 0.2 at Opening factor #1=0, and the input of discharge coefficient for
opening factor #2 is 0.4 at Opening factor #2=1. The discharge coefficient
is 0.3. The use of discharge coefficient is given in the Engineering
Reference on page 383.

The window opening factor is given at the report variable: Window/Door
Venting Opening Factor. The zero value represents window is close. The
opening factor determination/calculation is described in detail on pages
639-644 in Input Output Reference Please add one more report variable if the
opening factor is not in the output list. If you still have problem, please
upload the file.

Thanks.

Lixing Gu