[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: economic analysis and energy cost

Thanks for the help. It was really useful. However, I do have
another question as well. I followed the documentation on what to do
but this power bill also has an ECR (Energy Cost Recovery) factor
which varies from month to month. This cost is part of the subtotal
of the bill. It is determined by dividing the factor, lets say 23,
by 1000 and multiplying by the kWh for that month. The number 23 is
the number of mills per kWh. One mill is equal to a tenth of a penny
(one-thousandth of a dollar). This resulting value is 0.023 or 2.3
cents per kWh. This value is then multiplied by the number of kWh
for that month to get the ECR cost. How would I put this information
under Economics:Charge:Block since it varies for different months?
Would I input this under the Economics:Charge:Simple or
Economics:Variable? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jason Glazer
<jglazer@...> wrote:

> I would start by looking at the documentation for EnergyPlus
> Economics that start of page 1440 (pdf page 1481) of the
> InputOutputReference.  All the factors that you mentioned
> can be modeled.  The documentation includes a number of
> examples that should help.
>
> Jason
>
> On 4/15/2008 1:43 PM, ellinas.1984 wrote:
> > I have a question concerning calculating monthly power bills
using
> > EnergyPlus. Ok, each month I have a certain amount of energy
> > consumption in kWh for a facility. I have this facility's power
bills
> > and want to compare their bills to the cost per month calculated
from
> > the simulation in EnergyPlus. How do I input the energy charge
per
> > kWh, the ratchet cost, demand cost, and an ECR factor? This rate
> > schedule also takes into account the peak kW in determining
cost. I
> > see the Economics options in idf editor but don't know where to
start
> > in inputting this information or knowing how to obtain results
that I
> > could compare with the actual facility power bills. Any help
would be
> > appreciated. Thanks.

> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

> > EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf
under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.