[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: economic analysis and energy cost

Thanks. I followed your recommendations. However, after I ran the
simulation, and clicked on the 'Table' button on EP-Launch to get
the energy costs, an excel file came up but it didn't calculate the
montly energy costs as I expected. It listed it as zero. Is there
any way possible that you could take a look at the Economics block
of my idf file? I am not sure if what I input is specified
correctly.  I also have the rate schedule from the power company
that I could email you, if you have time to take a look at the
economics block of my idf file. Any help would be appreciated.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jason Glazer
<jglazer@...> wrote:

> I would recommend using the Economics:Charge:Simple and
> Economics:Variable objects. First define the 12 monthly
> values using the Economics:Variable object. Then in the
> Economics:Charge:Simple enter the name of the
> Economics:Variable in the "Cost Per Unit Value (or
> Variable)" field.  This field often includes a number but
> can also reference a variable.
>
> Jason
>
> On 4/16/2008 1:21 PM, ellinas.1984 wrote:
> > Thanks for the help. It was really useful. However, I do have
> > another question as well. I followed the documentation on what
to do
> > but this power bill also has an ECR (Energy Cost Recovery)
factor
> > which varies from month to month. This cost is part of the
subtotal
> > of the bill. It is determined by dividing the factor, lets say
23,
> > by 1000 and multiplying by the kWh for that month. The number 23
is
> > the number of mills per kWh. One mill is equal to a tenth of a
penny
> > (one-thousandth of a dollar). This resulting value is 0.023 or
2.3
> > cents per kWh. This value is then multiplied by the number of
kWh
> > for that month to get the ECR cost. How would I put this
information
> > under Economics:Charge:Block since it varies for different
months?
> > Would I input this under the Economics:Charge:Simple or
> > Economics:Variable? If so, how would I do that?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jason Glazer
> > <jglazer@> wrote:
> >> I would start by looking at the documentation for EnergyPlus
> >> Economics that start of page 1440 (pdf page 1481) of the
> >> InputOutputReference.  All the factors that you mentioned
> >> can be modeled.  The documentation includes a number of
> >> examples that should help.
> >>
> >> Jason

> > using
> > bills
> > from
> > per
> > cost. I
> > start
> > that I
> > would be

> > appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
EPlusMainMenu.pdf