[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Warning: Branch flow rates out of bounds

Thank you.
Indeed, that was also my first thought, but I checked and, exactly
because of that, I had already selected intermittent operation mode;
my guess was that, even in intermittent mode, once the pump turns on
for the first time in the year, the heat losses from the pump seem
sufficient to keep the chiller running even when cooling loads fall
to zero, and in turn the fact that the chiller is working forces the
pump to keep working, in a vicious cycle. I say this because, until
the first yearly cooling load appears, the pump is off, but after
that (in intermittent mode) it stays on for the rest of the year,
even though I only have temperature control during daytime and
weekdays (except for a zone with a PTAC, but I don't think implies
with the chilled water loop...).
Ana.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Edwin Lee"
<leeed2001@...> wrote:

> From what I read, it looks like you are trying to get the pumps to
turn off
> when not needed.  When you specify pumps in the input file, there
are two
> control options:  Continuous and Intermittent. For continuous, the
pumps
> will run always.  If the pump is variable speed, it will run at the
minimum
> level when not needed.  For intermittent, the pumps will only run
when
> needed.  I'm not completely sure if this is part of your problem or
not, but
> I thought I would offer the info anyway.
>
> Edwin
>
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:35 AM, mingming_zuo <mingming_zuo@...>
> wrote:
>
> >   Hi,I think energyplus will automatically shut down chillers
when no
> > cooling load is posed on the CHW loop,my experience with CHW loop
in
> > EnergyPlus is that ,if the pump is scheduled to run in some time
> > while not in other times,the pump will continuousely run in its
> > cheduled time rather than run just when there is cooling load. So
one
> > tip to overcome this is to place pumps in series with chillers,
and
> > set chillers with active mode and pumps with passive mode. With
these
> > settings, the pumps will be forced to run in consistent with
> > chiller's operation status.
> >
> > Zuo
> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<EnergyPlus_Support%
40yahoogroups.com>,
> > "anarui.oliveira"
> > <anarui.oliveira@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all.
> > >
> > > Because Chiller and Boiler components don't have scheduled
> > > availablity control options, and because, due to components heat
> > > losses, the chiller is called to work even if no cooling coil is
> > > asking, I tried to force it off by scheduling off the pumps (in
> > > Heating and cooling water loops).
> > > When I did this, I got several errors like:
> > >
> > > "PlantFlowResolver: Branch flow rates out of bounds, for Plant
> > > Loop=COOLING LOOP CHILLED WATER LOOP, Branch=45368 COOLING COIL
CHW