Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Install EnergyPlus on AIX - How to

I did forward the problem to people who are more expert with Linux than I.

At 09:36 AM 4/28/2008, Antonio Gouveia wrote:
>we continued to "fight" with AIX and we are getting the following error:
>
>Steps:
>1 ) Copy the folder EnergyPlusV210 to the root of AIX OS
>2) Set ENERGYPLUS_DIR to root energyplus folder
>3) run EnergyPlus ./runenergyplus sim_cluster PRT_Porto_IWEC
>
>4) - Geting this :
>
>=============== EnergyPlus =================
>    Input file  : sim_cluster.idf
>    Weather file: PRT_Porto_IWEC.epw
>ln: 0653-421 ./Energy+.idd exists.
>     Specify -f to remove ./Energy+.idd before linking.

Look at the EnergyPlus (runenergyplus) script file -- I believe it
does try to do a -f to remove that file.

>../runenergyplus: line 291: /EnergyPlusV210/bin/epSimKernel: cannot
>execute binary file

Check to make sure the file epSimKernel (the binary for EnergyPlus)
is marked "execute" permission.

>File 'eplusout.end' does not exist.
>../runenergyplus: line 334: /EnergyPlusV210/bin/rvEsoKernel: cannot
>execute binary file
>../runenergyplus: line 336: /EnergyPlusV210/bin/rvEsoKernel: cannot
>execute binary file

>Any idea???

I use the Lahey Fortran compiler to compile the Linux version.  It
may be that it's binaries are not compatible with AIX.

Sorry.

Linda