From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of josh_miarch
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 3:27 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Copying entities within an EnergyPlus
group in Sketchup

I'm creating some geometry using Sketchup and the Energy Design
Plugin, and I've run into some difficulty when attempting to generate
multiple copies of a Sketchup entity while editing geometry within a
group generated by the "New EnergyPlus zone" command.

Sketchup allows one to create multiple instances of a copy by first
toggling the "move" tool into copy mode by pressing control and then,
after the first copy is placed, typing "X*" into the Value Control Box
(where X represents the desired number of copies).

When I attempt to do this to entities (ie, I was attempting to create
multiple copies of a window) within an EnergyPlus group, it simply
doesn't work. I attempted to copy entities in this manner in a group
that I created manually, and had no problems. Is this a bug or am I
doing something wrong?

Many thanks,

Josh