[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: U value Design Builder vs Energy Plus

Dear André,

If thermal bridging is a factor in your wall construction, make sure
that you account for it in your calculations.
Also, the inside / outside heat transfer coefficients used by DB may
be acceptable for your use (how different could they be?)
Finally, "U" factor often has a minor impact on overall energy use,
especially when there are significant internal loads from lighting and
equipment.
With those factors considered, I suspect that the DB "U" will be close
enough for good accuracy.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andy Tindale" <andy@...>