[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: simulate DOAS VAV and cooling panel?

You are right.

For the 100% outdoor air system, the ventilation rate should be varied
"Ventilation:Mechanical" can be used for this.

Then "DIRECT AIR" terminal units can be used to feed the zone.

But In EnergyPlus, I think "CONTROLLER:OUTSIDE AIR" is necessary for
outside air system. So the point is how to control this field, then
there is no recirculation air in the AHU system.  I still can not
figure it out.

Tj Ywh

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <jqplain@...> wrote:

> In my understanding, DOAS could be considered as "LOW TEMP RADIANT
SYSTEM:HYDRONIC"+"OUTSIDE AIR SYSTEM", and the main difference is that
the setpoint of outside, in "CONTROLLER:OUTSIDE AIR".

> To: EnergyPlus_Support@...: tjutw@...: Tue, 6 May 2008 15:30:02
+0000Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] simulate DOAS VAV and cooling panel?

> Hi all,I want to simulate the system described in the following
ppt,doas.psu.edu/JJ_KansasCity.ppt The system includes the DOAS
(dedicated outdoor air systems) VAV andcooling panel. It is easy to
model the conventional (withrecirculation air) VAV and cooling panel
in EnergyPlus. But I am notsure whether EnergyPlus can simulate the
DOAS (100% outdoor air) VAV.Anyone can give me some advice how to
simulate the 100% outdoor airVAV system?From DesignBuilder help
document, "2-Full fresh air - the airflow into the AHU is 100% outside
air,without any recirculation. This is modelled in EnergyPlus by
settingthe supply airflow rate to the outside air flow rate." For the
CAV andVAV, they can both do this. DesignBuilder uses Compact HVAC.
Anyoneknow how to do this in Compact HVAC?Thanks,Tj Ywh