[EnergyPlus_Support] Tubular Daylighting devices - Beam visible transmittance

Dear all,

I am currently modeling a lightpipe (tubular daylighting device)  with
E+.   However, I find a problem.  My modeled lightpipe is a vertical one
with an aspect ratio of 11.2 and the pipe reflectance is 0.98.  It is
noted that, the beam visible transmittance larger than 0 if and only if
solar altitude larger than 55deg (i.e. incidence angle should be smaller
than 35deg).

As I know that the built-in model is based on Swift and Smith (1995)
model, and I has done a cross checking.  It is noted that the
transmittance will approach zero only if it has a angle of incidence
more than 85deg.  And even the angle of incident is 80deg, the
transmittance should still about 20%.

So I would like to ask does the beam visible transmittance is account
for the transmittance of light from direct sun?  Also does there is any
assumption other than those mentioned in Engineering Document used for
lightpipe calculation.  I have check across the source code, and I
cannot find anything wrong in the code.

Regards,
Ernest Tsang