  From: Rob Hitchcock
  To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:16 PM
  Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Interior windows, opaque surfaces

  Regarding Interior Window Solar:

  "Initial Transmitted Diffuse Solar Transmitted Out through Inside of
  Window Surface" is only the diffuse solar initially transmitted through
  exterior windows that is then incident on and transmitted out through
  another window in the zone (either to the outdoors for an exterior
  window or to an adjacent zone for an interior window). You will need to
  sum this value for all interior windows into the zone of interest.

  For the adjacent zone on the other side of an interior window, you
  should then add "Zone Beam Solar from Interior Windows" to account for
  the beam solar that entered a zone through an exterior window and was
  then incident on and transmitted through interior windows into the
  adjacent zone. This radiation is considered diffuse once it has been
  transmitted through an interior window.

  And, you should also add "Zone Diff Solar from Interior Windows", which
  is the combination of beam and diffuse solar that first entered a zone
  through an exterior window, was subsequently reflected from interior
  surfaces in that zone (becoming diffuse through that reflection), and
  then transmitted through interior windows into the adjacent zone. In
  answering this question I have realized that this output variable is
  incorrectly defined in the EnergyPlus Input/Output Reference as of
  Version 2.1 when the treatment of diffuse solar distribution was modified.

  Rob
  =======