Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Low illuminance values for Blinds simulation.

The EnergyPlus calculation of optical properties (both solar and
visible) are based on methods developed by Simmler, Fischer and
Winkelmann, that are described in detail in the Engineering Reference
Manual under "Optical Properties of Window Shading Devices."  Results
from these methods have been compared to ISO 15099 Calculation of Blind
Optical Properties, also described in the Eng. Ref., and show good
agreement except for small slat angles (10 degrees).

Your results will depend on a variety of factors including slat
geometry, slat material properties, slat angle, window construction,
dimensions and position relative to daylight reference points, interior
opaque surface properties, and daylighting control strategy.

Rob Hitchcock