Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: ASHRAE 90.1 compliance for building fabric

I had confirmation from ASHRAE and Energy Build that the figures are correct...
Many thanks

--- On Tue, 3/6/08, JV Dirkes II <jvd2pe@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: JV Dirkes II <jvd2pe@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: ASHRAE 90.1 compliance for building fabric
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Maria,

You are correct that it does seem to be inefficient. As mentioned
earlier, I think it is a good idea to check with ASHRAE to see if they
made an error in the 90.1 document. Most of my projects are in Zone
5, and those values all seem to have U values that are approximately
the same (unlike Zone 1).

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@ yahoogroups. com, Maria Agustin
<mtdagustin@ ...> wrote:

> Hi JV,
>
> Your figures and my figures are moth correct, I am not sure if these
values are typed incorrectly.
> Meaning if use a 150mm concrete (U-value of 3.24 SI) block without
insulation  you satisfy the code. A less efficient dont you think...

(e.g.,
> > 2004)
> >
> > For the record,
> >
> > Metal building: U = .113 R=13
> > Steel-framed: U = .124 R=13
> > Wood-framed: U = .089 R=13
> >
> > The "mass" U value does seem a bit out of line, but that may be
caused
> > by the time-delay impact of the mass. You may want to ask ASHRAE or
> > review some of their standards interpretations online at
ashrae.org.

> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@ yahoogroups. com, "mtdagustin"
> > <mtdagustin@ > wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear E+ Users,
> > >
> > > I am trying to model a non-residential building located at
Zone 1 as
> > > defined by ASHRAE 90.1. However, I am not sure if I have
> interpreted it
> > > correctly. Table 5.5.1 , "Walls above grade" calls for
Assembly
> maximum
> > > (Mass) = U-3.292 and insulation R-value is not required.
Comparing

www.yahoo7.com.au/mail