[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Can Unit Ventilator be modeled parallel to a furnace in an air loop?

Fred,
Thanks for the reply.  I think after mulling on it overnight, I
figured out what I can do.  I am putting the unit ventilator and the
direct air components in the zone equipment list and having an air
loop for just the DX cooling system.  I am still trying to get all
the nodes in order and hopefully it will work.  If I can't get it to
work I will let you know.  I am very new to this program and am
struggling with the system layouts, but I think I am getting the hang
of it.  We will see.
Thanks
Ryan

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Fred Buhl <wfbuhl@...>
wrote:

> It seems to me that what you are trying to do should be possible -
multiple
> zone equipments are allowed. Let us take a look at your original
> configuration
> and see if we can spot a problem.
>
> Fred Buhl
>
> Ryan wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am trying to model an existing system that has a roof top dx
coil
> > air conditioner serving a zone for the cooling only and a hot
water
> > loop serving each zone with small fan coil units in each room.
My
> > original idea was to model the air conditioning system with a
> > furnace:heatcool using a coil:DX:cooling, a coil:electric:heating
set
> > to have no capacity and a Fan:onoff in an air loop with a direct
air
> > component in the zone equipment side.  To model the heating
system I
> > was using a Unit Ventilator with no cooling coil, a
> > coil:water:simpleheating, and a fan:constvolume.  The unit
ventilator
> > is also be zone equipment (which seems to be a problem).
> >
> > What i am having trouble with is this does not seem to be
possible to
> > have the two systems set up this way as i can only have one zone
> > equipment.
> >
> > My question:  Is it possible to set the system up to have the
unit
> > ventilator and furnace:heatcool set up in a parallel air loop
> > configuration and then the zone equipment is the direct air
component
> > only?
> >
> > Part of the reason i am doing it this way is I want to be able to
set
> > different fan efficiencies as well as to have the cooling coil
> > available at different times than the heating system (ie partial
> > overlap of availabilities).
> >
> > Question 2:  is there a better way to set this up?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ryan

> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

> > EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf
under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.