RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Evaporative cooler

Sorry you cannot do exactly what you want, EnergyPlus zones can have only one air loop.  But they can have additional zone equipment.  You could use the one air loop for the evap cooler and then use some type of zone equipment for conditioning, such as unit ventilator.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sherif Ezzeldin
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 5:51 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Evaporative cooler

I'm new in using E+

I want to figure out the effect of Evaporative cooling for a single-zone in a hot dry climate

I succeded in applying the evaporative cooler component to the air loop of a compact VAV HVAC system, but the problem that it's always linked to the HVAC system operation controls

Actually, I need to have more control over the operation of the evaporative cooler

Is there a possibility where I can separate that air loop into two separate loops for the same single-zone where each has its own control setpoints and operation?

In other words, I need to model an air loop with all the VAV System and another air loop with only supply fan and evaporative cooler, these two air loops supply cooled air to the single-zone with different control algorithms.

Could you please Help?

Kind regards,

Sherif