RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Heat gain through blinds.

I brought your IDF into SketchUp through the Energy Design Plugin.  Several things you should fix.  First the floor is upside down.  Also two of the walls face the wrong way (in rather than out):  wall4 and wall2.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Deepak Gv
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 3:45 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Heat gain through blinds.

Thank you very much for your response Dr Hitchcock,
As you suggested I tried placing the blinds outside the window. I have observed an decrease in HVAC energy consumption by  ~10-15 % on June 21 and ~30% on March 21 when compared to the interior blinds.
But as we change the slat angle by closing the external blinds from 0 to 45 angle shows that the HVAC energy drops by only 1.2-3.8%. Closing the exterior blinds from  45 to 90 degree angle shows that the HVAC energy drops by only 1%. Thus there seems to be no effect of closing the blinds   on the HVAC Energy consumption due to the heat gained or lost.
I would like to know if there is any possible explanation to this. .?
I would like to know if my inputs are correct for the outputs that I wish to have.

I am attaching the Idf file in the files section. The name of the file would be 2008-07-09 Conventional-45 External.

Thank you